Conceptualize, plan and develop quotes for the construction and renovation of commercial, institutional and residential buildings.
This job will suit you like a glove if you are creative and rigorous, if you find it easy to envisage space in three dimensions, and if you have good drawing and management skills.
Architects conceptualize, plan and develop designs for the construction and renovation of commercial, institutional and residential buildings. They are employed by architectural firms, private corporations and governments, or they may be self-employed
- Consult with clients to determine the type, style and purpose of renovations or new building construction being considered
- Conceptualize and design buildings and develop plans describing design specifications, building materials, costs and construction schedules
- Prepare sketches and models for clients
- Prepare or supervise the preparation of drawings, specifications and other construction documents for use by contractors and tradespersons
- Prepare bidding documents, participate in contract negotiations and award construction contracts
- Monitor activities on construction sites to ensure compliance with specifications
- Conduct feasibility studies and financial analyses of building projects.
More informationMore information on this job on IMT online
This trade is in highest demand in these regions: