Assemblers in this unit group assemble prefabricated parts to produce household, commercial and industrial appliances and equipment. Inspectors in this unit group inspect and test assembled products. Workers who set up and prepare assembly lines for operation are included in this unit group. Workers in this unit group are employed by electrical appliance and electrical equipment manufacturing companies.
- Assemble prefabricated parts on an assembly line, or at work benches using screw guns and other hand and power tools
- Assemble small and large household electrical appliances such as coffeemakers, toasters, vacuum cleaners, lawnmowers, refrigerators and dishwashers
- Assemble small transformers, small electrical motors and transmissions used in appliances or other electrical products
- Assemble circuit breakers, switches or other electrical control equipment and position and fasten components such as springs, toggles or other parts into assembly casings
- Wind coils and armatures for small electric motors and transformers
- Perform minor repairs to products rejected from production assembly line
- Set up assembly line with materials and supplies required for production, and set up and adjust production tools.
Inspectors and testers
- Check products at different stages of production for visual defects and faulty electrical and mechanical connections, or operate automatic or other testing equipment to ensure product quality
- Identify and mark acceptable and defective assemblies and return faulty assemblies to production for repair
- Collect, record and summarize inspection results.
This trade is in highest demand in these regions: