Make bakery and pastry products in bakeries, supermarkets, catering services, hotels, restaurants or hospitals.
You are picky, curious and meticulous. Your dexterity and your physical fitness are put to good use, as well as your sense of organization, your aestheticism and your creativity.
Bakers prepare bread, rolls, muffins, pies, pastries, cakes and cookies in retail and wholesale bakeries and dining establishments. They are employed in bakeries, supermarkets, catering companies, hotels, restaurants, hospitals, and other institutions, or they may be self-employed. Bakers who are supervisors are included in this unit group.
- Prepare dough for pies, bread, rolls and sweet goods, batters for muffins, cookies and cakes and icings and frostings according to recipes or special customer orders
- Operate machinery
- Bake mixed doughs and batters
- Frost and decorate cakes or other baked goods
- Ensure quality of products meets established standards
- Draw up production schedule to determine type and quantity of goods to produce
- Purchase baking supplies
- May oversee sales and merchandising of baked goods
- May hire, train and supervise baking personnel and kitchen staff.
DIPLOMA OF VOCATIONAL STUDIES (DVS)
More informationMore information on this job on IMT online
This trade is in highest demand in these regions: