Biological technologists and technicians
Provide technical support and services to scientists, engineers and other professionals working in agriculture, environmental protection, animal and plant biology or even health sciences.
Passionate about science, you like to experiment and analyze. In the lab or in the field, we can always rely on your rigour and precision, as well as your ease of handling different techniques, technologies and methodologies.
Biological technologists and technicians provide technical support and services to scientists, engineers and other professionals working in fields such as agriculture, resource management, environmental protection, plant and animal biology, microbiology, cell and molecular biology and health sciences, or may work independently in these fields. They are employed in both laboratory and field settings by governments, manufacturers of food products, chemicals and pharmaceuticals, biotechnology companies, health, research and educational institutions, environmental consulting companies, and resource and utilities companies.
- Set up and conduct biological, microbiological and biochemical tests and laboratory analyses in support of research and quality control in food production, sanitation, pharmaceutical production, biotechnology and other fields
- Apply methods and techniques such as microscopy, histochemistry, chromatography, electrophoresis and spectroscopy
- Perform experimental procedures in agriculture, plant breeding, animal husbandry, biology and biomedical research
- Conduct field research and surveys to collect data and samples of water, soil, and plant and animal populations
- Conduct environmental monitoring and compliance activities for the protection of fisheries stock, wildlife and other natural resources
- Analyze data and prepare reports
- Conduct or supervise operational programs such as fish hatchery, greenhouse and livestock production programs.
- Assist in conducting biological, microbiological and biochemical tests and laboratory analyses
- Perform limited range of technical functions in support of agriculture, plant breeding, animal husbandry, biology, biomedical research and environmental protection
- Assist in conducting field research and surveys to collect data and samples of water, soil, and plant and animal populations
- Assist in analysis of data and preparation of reports.
DIPLOMA OF COLLEGE STUDIES (DCS)Laboratory Technology
More informationMore information on this job on IMT online
This trade is in highest demand in these regions: