Chiropractors diagnose, treat and prevent patients' neuromuscular-skeletal disorders of the spine, nervous system, pelvis and other body joints by adjusting the spinal column or through other corrective manipulation. Chiropractors are usually in private practice or in clinics with other health practitioners.
- Take patients' case history, conduct examinations, observe patients, and perform X-rays and other tests to diagnose patient's condition
- Diagnose neuromuscular-skeletal disorders of the spinal column, pelvis, extremities and associated tissues
- Treat health disorders in a natural manner through adjustments or articular manipulations and complementary treatments such as electrotherapy, acupuncture, heat therapy and massage with special attention given to the spine
- Advise patients on alternate treatment modalities such as corrective exercises, posture, lifestyle and nutrition that have positive effects on the spine, joints, muscles and nervous system.
- Refer patients for medical care when appropriate.
More informationMore information on this job on IMT online
This trade is in highest demand in these regions:
- Grande région de Québec
- Grande région de Montréal