Clinical nurses provide direct nursing care to patients, deliver health education programs and provide consultative services regarding issues relevant to the practice of nursing. They are employed in a variety of settings including hospitals, nursing homes, extended care facilities, rehabilitation centres, doctors' offices, clinics, community agencies, companies and private homes, or they may be self-employed.
Each profession is associated with a combination of three initial letters corresponding to one of the six RIASEC profiles. Profile combinations are determined based on skills, fields of interest and certain personality traits.
- evaluate the health of patients, determine and provide care and nursing treatment plans for those presenting complex health problems and varied biopsychosocial dimensions.
- provide nursing and medical care and treatment to maintain or restore health and prevent diseases.
- design, apply and evaluate care programs requiring advanced knowledge and aimed at complex health problems or those with varied biopsychosocial dimensions.
- participate in clinical development and adapt clinical and care quality evaluation tools. coordinate team work and play an advisory role with colleagues and interdisciplinary teams.
- on behalf of patients, identify needs and services requiring coordination within the establishment and between different facilities or organizations.
- train new staff and participate in the training of interns.
- supervise educational programs for patients, their loved ones, as well as for groups of people as part of specific programs and contribute to research.
Sciences infirmières et nursing
To register for Sciences infirmières et nursing:
- Université de Montréal
- Université de Sherbrooke
- Université du Québec à Chicoutimi
- Université du Québec à Rimouski
- Université du Québec à Trois-Rivières
- Université du Québec en Abitibi-Témiscamingue
- Université du Québec en Outaouais
- Université Laval
- Université McGill
More informationMore information on this job on IMT online
This trade is in highest demand in these regions:
- Côte-Nord et Nord-du-Québec
- Grande région de Montréal