Concrete finishers smooth and finish freshly poured concrete, apply curing or surface treatments and install, maintain and restore various masonry structures such as foundations, floors, ceilings, sidewalks, roads, patios and highrise buildings. They are employed by construction companies, cement and concrete contractors and manufacturers of precast concrete products, or they may be self-employed.
- Check formwork, granular base and steel reinforcement materials and direct placement of concrete into forms or onto surfaces according to grade
- Fill hollows and remove high spots to smooth freshly poured concrete
- Operate power vibrator to compact concrete
- Level top surface of concrete according to grade and depth specifications using straightedge or float
- Impart desired finish to concrete surfaces using hand and power tools
- Install anchor bolts, steel plates, door sills and other fixtures in freshly poured concrete
- Apply hardening and sealing compounds to cure surface of concrete
- Waterproof, damp-proof and restore concrete surfaces
- Repair, resurface and replace worn or damaged sections of floors, walls, roads and other concrete structures.
DIPLOMA OF VOCATIONAL STUDIES (DVS)
More informationMore information on this job on IMT online
This trade is in highest demand in these regions:
- Grande région de Québec