Conservation and fishery officers
Ensure compliance with federal and provincial regulations established to protect fishing, wildlife and other natural resources; collect and communicate information on resource management.
This job is made for you if you have a marked interest in the environment and outdoor work, and if you are committed to respecting the rules and protecting resources.
This unit group includes conservation and fishery officers, inspectors and observers who enforce federal and provincial regulations established for the protection of fish, wildlife and other natural resources and collect and relay information on resource management. They are employed by federal and provincial government departments.
- Generate public awareness of fish and wildlife conservation and regulations
- Conduct patrols by truck, aircraft, boat, or on foot, to ensure compliance with the provincial and federal statutes relating to fish, wildlife and the environment
- Investigate complaints, arrest violators, prepare briefs and present evidence in court
- Issue licences, export documents and special permits and collect royalties assessed on fish, wildlife and timber resources
- Implement and supervise approved techniques in preventing or overcoming damage caused by wildlife
- Perform resource protection duties, such as inspecting fishing gear and equipment and monitoring fishing activities for compliance with regulations
- Gather resource data by making inventories of fish, collecting water samples and assisting biologists in scientific research
- Supervise or provide firearms safety training courses and trapper education courses.
DIPLOMA OF VOCATIONAL STUDIES (DVS)
More informationMore information on this job on IMT online
This trade is in highest demand in these regions: