Ensure compliance with federal and provincial regulations established to protect fishing, wildlife and other natural resources; collect and communicate information on resource management.
This job is made for you if you have a marked interest in the environment and outdoor work, and if you are committed to respecting the rules and protecting resources.
Construction estimators analyze costs of and prepare estimates on civil engineering, architectural, structural, electrical and mechanical construction projects. They are employed by residential, commercial and industrial construction companies and major electrical, mechanical and trade contractors, or they may be self-employed.
- Prepare estimates of probable costs of materials, labour and equipment for construction projects based on contract bids, quotations, schematic drawings and specifications
- Advise on tendering procedures, examine and analyze tenders, recommend tender awards and conduct negotiations
- Establish and maintain tendering process and set up cost monitoring and reporting systems and procedures
- Prepare cost and expenditure statements and forecasts at regular intervals for the duration of a project
- Prepare and maintain a directory of suppliers, contractors and subcontractors
- Liaise, consult and communicate with engineers, architects, owners, contractors and subcontractors, and prepare economic feasibility studies on changes and adjustments to cost estimates
- Manage and co-ordinate construction projects and prepare construction progress schedules.
DIPLOMA OF COLLEGE STUDIES (DCS)
More informationMore information on this job on IMT online
This trade is in highest demand in these regions: