Inspect the construction and maintenance of new or existing buildings, bridges, roads and industrial facilities to ensure compliance with descriptive specifications and construction codes; ensure the safety of construction sites.
You are passionate about construction, the structure and design of buildings. Your sense of observation, your attention to detail and your respect for the rules will allow you to stand out.
Construction inspectors inspect the construction and maintenance of new and existing buildings, bridges, highways and industrial construction to ensure that specifications and building codes are observed and monitor work site safety. They are employed by federal, provincial and municipal governments, construction companies, architectural and civil engineering consulting firms or they may be self-employed.
- Examine plans, drawings, and site layouts for new buildings, building renovations and other proposed structures
- Inspect construction of buildings, bridges, dams, highways and other types of building and engineering construction for conformance to drawings, specifications, building codes or other applicable ordinances
- Inspect and test electrical or plumbing installations in buildings to ensure compliance with municipal, provincial and federal regulations
- Inspect steel framework, concrete forms, reinforcing steel mesh and rods, concrete or pre-stressed concrete to ensure quality standards and to verify conformance to specifications and building codes
- Inspect construction of sewer systems and pipelines
- Inspect construction sites to ensure that safe working conditions are maintained
- Inspect existing buildings to identify and report on structural defects, fire hazards and other threats to safety
- Inspect new or resale homes on behalf of clients and assess and provide reports on the physical condition of property.
DIPLOMA OF COLLEGE STUDIES (DCS)
More informationMore information on this job on IMT online
This trade is in highest demand in these regions: