Construction site managers
Estimate project costs, plan, oversee and verify the quality of construction projects at every stage.
Your leadership, entrepreneurship and strong organizational skills will set you apart in the competitive construction industry.
General contractors plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the activities of a construction company or a construction department within a company, under the direction of a general manager or other senior manager. They are employed by residential, commercial and industrial construction companies and by construction departments of companies outside the construction industry.
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate construction projects from start to finish according to schedule, specifications and budget
- Prepare and submit construction project budget estimates
- Plan and prepare construction schedules and milestones and monitor progress against established schedules
- Prepare contracts and negotiate revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with architects, consultants, clients, suppliers and subcontractors
- Develop and implement quality control programs
- Represent company on matters such as business services and union contracts negotiation
- Prepare progress reports and issue progress schedules to clients
- Direct the purchase of building materials and land acquisitions
- Hire and supervise the activities of subcontractors and subordinate staff.
DIPLOMA OF VOCATIONAL STUDIES (DVS)
More informationMore information on this job on IMT online
This trade is in highest demand in these regions:
- Grande région de Québec
- Grande région de Montréal