Contractors and supervisors, electrical trades and telecommunications occupations
Supervise and coordinate the activities of different trades in the fields of electricity and telecommunications.
Pro in the field of electricity or telecommunications, you are a manager at heart and have the ability to plan, supervise and coordinate the work. Respect for standards is important to you and you like to solve problems on a daily basis.
This unit group includes telecommunications and electrical trade contractors who own and operate their own businesses. This group also includes supervisors who supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers classified in the following unit groups: Electricians (7241), Industrial Electricians (7242), Power System Electricians (7243), Electrical Power Line and Cable Workers (7244), Telecommunications Line and Cable Workers (7245), Telecommunications Installation and Repair Workers (7246) and Cable Television Service and Maintenance Technicians (7247). They are employed in a wide range of establishments; places of employment are indicated in the above unit group descriptions.
- Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of workers who install, repair and maintain electrical wiring, fixtures and control devices, power systems, telecommunication systems and cablevision systems
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and co-ordinate work activities with other departments or subcontractors
- Requisition materials and supplies
- Resolve work problems and recommend work measures to improve productivity
- Train or arrange for training of workers
- Recommend personnel actions such as hirings and promotions
- Ensure standards for safe working conditions are observed
- Prepare work progress reports
- May manage the operations of their own companies
- May also supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of related apprentices, helpers and labourers.
ATTESTATIONS OF VOCATIONS STUDIES (AVS)
More informationMore information on this job on IMT online
This trade is in highest demand in these regions: