Contractors and supervisors, heavy equipment operator crews
Supervise and coordinate the work of workers in excavation, earthmoving, paving, drilling or blasting.
Heavy equipment has no secrets for you. You like to manage, supervise and coordinate the work of others on the work site, while making sure to respect the schedule. Leader at heart, problem solving is second nature to you.
This unit group includes excavating, grading, paving, drilling and blasting contractors who own and operate their own business. This unit group also includes supervisors who supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers classified in the following unit groups: Crane Operators (7371), Drillers and Blasters - Surface Mining, Quarrying and Construction (7372), Water Well Drillers (7373), Longshore Workers (7451), Material Handlers (7452), Heavy Equipment Operators (Except Crane) (7521), Public Works Maintenance Equipment Operators and Related Workers (7522), Railway Yard and Track Maintenance Workers (7531), and Public Works and Maintenance Labourers (7621). They are employed in a wide range of establishments; places of employment are indicated in the above unit group descriptions.
- Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of workers who operate cranes and construction, paving, drilling, railway maintenance and other similar heavy equipment
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and co-ordinate work activities with other project supervisors or managers
- Requisition materials and supplies
- Resolve work problems and recommend measures to improve productivity
- Train or arrange for training of workers
- Recommend personnel actions such as hirings and promotions
- Prepare production and other reports
- May manage the operations of own company
- May also supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of related apprentices, helpers and labourers.
ATTESTATIONS OF VOCATIONS STUDIES (AVS)
More informationMore information on this job on IMT online
This trade is in highest demand in these regions: