Contractors and supervisors, pipefitting trades
Supervise and coordinate the activities of different trades in the fields of plumbing and pipework.
Expert in the field of plumbing or pipework, you have the ability to supervise and coordinate the work of others to meet a schedule. You like to ensure compliance with standards as well as the quality of work on a site.
This unit group includes plumbing and other pipefitting trade contractors who own and operate their own businesses. This group also includes supervisors who supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers classified in the following unit groups: Plumbers (7251), Steamfitters, Pipefitters and Sprinkler System Installers (7252) and Gas Fitters (7253). They are employed by construction companies, mechanical, plumbing and pipefitting trade contractors and maintenance departments of industrial, commercial and manufacturing establishments.
- Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of workers who install, repair and maintain piping systems used for the transmission of steam, heat, water, oil and other liquids and gases in residential, commercial, industrial and other installations
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and co-ordinate work activities with other departments
- Requisition materials and supplies
- Resolve work problems and recommend measures to improve productivity
- Train or arrange for training of workers
- Recommend personnel actions such as hirings and promotions
- Ensure standards for safe working conditions are observed
- Prepare schedules and other reports
- May manage the operations of their own companies
- May supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of related apprentices, helpers and labourers.
ATTESTATIONS OF VOCATIONS STUDIES (AVS)
More informationMore information on this job on IMT online
This trade is in highest demand in these regions:
- Grande région de Québec