Customer and information services supervisors
Monitor and coordinate the activities of representatives and other clerks in customer service and information services in retail establishments or telephone companies.
You like working with the public. Your politeness, your tact and your diplomacy are known to all. Your autonomy and resourcefulness allow you to solve problems with skill and ease.
Supervisors in this unit group supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers in the following unit groups: Customer Service Representatives - Financial Institutions (6551) and Other Customer and Information Services Representatives (6552). They are employed by banks, trust companies, credit unions and similar financial institutions, retail establishments, contact centres, insurance, telephone and utility companies and other establishments throughout the private and public sectors.
- Co-ordinate, assign and review the work of clerks engaged in the following duties: providing information and customer service; and serving customers in banks, trust companies and other financial institutions
- Examine and verify accuracy of work and authorize routine deposits and withdrawals
- Establish work schedules and procedures and co-ordinate activities with other work units or departments
- Resolve work-related problems and prepare and submit progress and other reports
- Identify training needs and train workers in job duties and company policies
- Requisition supplies and materials
- Ensure smooth operation of computer systems and equipment and arrange for maintenance and repair work
- May perform the same duties as workers supervised.
No secondary, college or university-level programs of study are indexed for this trade or occupation.
More informationMore information on this job on IMT online
This trade is in highest demand in these regions: