Education policy researchers, consultants and program officers
In academic institutions and public and private educational institutions, research, develop and write reports on education policies and programs. Grow your analytical skills and become an expert at developing educational tools used by students and teachers at the elementary, secondary and postsecondary levels.
Education policy researchers, consultants and program officers conduct research, produce reports and administer elementary, secondary and post-secondary education policies and programs. They are employed by government departments, school boards, research institutes, professional associations and educational and other organizations throughout the public and private sectors, or they may be self-employed.
- Conduct research, produce reports and administer education policies and programs
- Evaluate curriculum programs and recommend improvements
- Develop the structure, content and objectives of new programs
- Conduct statistical analyses to determine cost and effectiveness of education policies and programs
- Provide ongoing professional development, training and consultative services to teachers and other professionals throughout the public and private sector
- Develop teaching materials and other resources for program delivery
- Deliver presentations at conferences, workshops and symposia
- May supervise the work of other education policy researchers, consultants or program officers
- May administer specialized testing and assessment programs.
This trade is in highest demand in these regions: