Electrical and electronics engineers
Are you captivated by electrical and electronics systems? As an expert in your field, your daily input and recommendations can be put to use by public electrical utilities, communications companies, manufacturers of electronics equipment and transportation industries.
Electrical and electronics engineers design, plan, research, evaluate and test electrical and electronic equipment and systems. They are employed by electrical utilities, communications companies, manufacturers of electrical and electronic equipment, consulting firms, and by a wide range of manufacturing, processing and transportation industries and government.
Each profession is associated with a combination of three initial letters corresponding to one of the six RIASEC profiles. Profile combinations are determined based on skills, fields of interest and certain personality traits.
- Conduct research into the feasibility, design, operation and performance of electrical generation and distribution networks, electrical machinery and components and electronic communications, instrumentation and control systems, equipment, and components
- Prepare material cost and timing estimates, reports and design specifications for electrical and electronic systems and equipment
- Design electrical and electronic circuits, components, systems and equipment
- Conduct micro or nanodevices simulations, characterization, process modeling and integration in the development of new electronic devices and products
- Supervise and inspect the installation, modification, testing and operation of electrical and electronic systems and equipment
- Develop maintenance and operating standards for electrical and electronic systems and equipment
- Investigate electrical or electronic failures
- Prepare contract documents and evaluate tenders for construction or maintenance
- Supervise technicians, technologists, programmers, analysts and other engineers.
* Electrical and electronics engineers may specialize in a number of areas including electrical design for residential, commercial or industrial installations, electrical power generation and transmission, and instrumentation and control systems.
Electrical, electronic, and communications engineering
To register for Electrical, electronic, and communications engineering:
- Concordia University
- École de technologie supérieure
- École Polytechnique de Montréal
- McGill University
- Université de Sherbrooke
- Université du Québec à Chicoutimi (French only)
- Université du Québec à Montréal
- Université du Québec à Rimouski
- Université du Québec à Trois-Rivières (French only)
- Université du Québec en Abitibi-Témiscamingue
- Université du Québec en Outaouais
- Université Laval
More informationMore information on this job on IMT online
This trade is in highest demand in these regions:
- Côte-Nord et Nord-du-Québec
- Grande région de Montréal