Electronic service technicians
Maintain and repair electronic equipment used by the general public and commercial establishments, such as audio and video systems, computers and devices, office equipment.
Are you passionate about electronics? Finding a problem and solving it is a challenge that fires you up? Your future is here. Inspect, test, repair, replace, adjust… it’s all about deduction and skill.
Electronic service technicians service and repair household and business electronic equipment such as audio and video systems, computers and peripherals, office equipment and other consumer electronic equipment and assemblies. They are employed by electronic service and retail establishments, by wholesale distributors and within service departments of electronic manufacturing companies.
- Install, maintain and repair household and business electronic equipment, such as televisions, radios, video cassette recorders, stereo equipment, photocopiers, computers and peripherals
- Inspect and test electronic equipment, components and assemblies using multimeters, circuit testers, oscilloscopes, logic probes and other electronic test instruments, tools and equipment
- Diagnose and locate circuit, component and equipment faults
- Adjust, align, replace or repair electronic equipment, assemblies and components following equipment manuals and schematics, and using soldering tools and other hand and power tools
- Complete work orders, test and maintenance reports
- May supervise other electronic equipment service technicians.
DIPLOMA OF VOCATIONAL STUDIES (DVS)
DIPLOMA OF COLLEGE STUDIES (DCS)Electrotechnology
More informationMore information on this job on IMT online
This trade is in highest demand in these regions:
- Côte-Nord et Nord-du-Québec