Elementary school and kindergarten teachers teach basic subjects such as reading, writing and arithmetic or specialized subjects such as English or French as a second language at public and private elementary schools.
There are 1 216 791 students in Québec, and just as many reasons to become a teacher. Learn more at Québec.ca.
- Prepare courses for presentation to students according to approved curriculum
- Teach students using a systematic plan of lessons, discussions, audio-visual presentations and field trips
- Lead students in activities to promote their physical, mental and social development and their school readiness
- Assign and correct homework
- Prepare, administer and correct tests
- Evaluate the progress of students and discuss results with students, parents and school officials
- Identify children's individual learning needs
- Prepare and implement remedial programs for students requiring extra help
- Participate in staff meetings, educational conferences and teacher training workshops
- May supervise teachers' aides and student teachers.
* Elementary school and kindergarten teachers may specialize in such areas as special education or second language instruction.
- Education for Certified Teachers - Indigenous Education (Elementary Education) (B.Ed.) (Bachelor)
- Kindergarten and Elementary Education (B.Ed.) (Bachelor)
- Kindergarten and Elementary Education (First Nations and Inuit Studies Option) (B.Ed.) (Bachelor)
- Kindergarten and Elementary Education (Jewish Studies Option) (B.Ed.) (Bachelor)
- Kindergarten and Elementary Education (Pédagogie de l'immersion française) (B.Ed.) (Bachelor)
More informationMore information on this job on IMT online
This trade is in highest demand in these regions:
- Côte-Nord et Nord-du-Québec
- Grande région de Québec
- Grande région de Montréal