Engineer officers, water transport
Ensure the operation and maintenance of main engines, machinery and auxiliary equipment; supervise and coordinate the work of personnel assigned to the engine room, on board ships and other self-propelled vessels.
You have sea legs and mechanics have always fascinated you. In addition, your rigour and precision are major assets in the engine room when inspecting, maintaining and repairing equipment.
Engineer officers, water transport, operate and maintain main engines, machinery and auxiliary equipment aboard ships and other self-propelled vessels, and supervise and co-ordinate the activities of engine room crews. They are employed by marine transportation companies and federal government departments.
- Operate main engines, machinery and all auxiliary equipment aboard ships, such as boilers, steering and deck machinery, motors, pumps, generators and condensers
- Stand engine room watch, monitoring and noting performance of engines, machinery and all auxiliary equipment
- Inspect and conduct maintenance and emergency repairs to engines, machinery and all auxiliary equipment
- Supervise and co-ordinate the activities of the engine room crew
- Maintain records and prepare reports on engine performance and failures.
DIPLOMA OF COLLEGE STUDIES (DCS)
More informationMore information on this job on IMT online
This trade is in highest demand in these regions: