Put your organizational talents to work doing the A-to-Z planning of events of all sizes. Coordinate and organize conferences, festivals, conventions, meetings, seminars, exhibitions and trade shows, collaborating closely with numerous participating parties.
Conference and event planners plan, organize and co-ordinate conferences, conventions, meetings, seminars, exhibitions, trade shows, festivals and other events. They are employed by tourism associations, trade and professional associations, convention and conference centres, governments and by conference and event planning companies, or they may be self-employed.
- Meet with trade and professional associations and other groups to promote and discuss conference, convention and trade show services
- Meet with sponsors and organizing committees to plan scope and format of events, to establish and monitor budgets and to review administrative procedures and progress of events
- Co-ordinate services for events, such as accommodation and transportation for participants, conference and other facilities, catering, signage, displays, translation, special needs requirements, audio-visual equipment, printing and security
- Organize registration of participants, prepare programs and promotional material, and publicize events
- Plan entertainment and social gatherings for participants
- Hire, train and supervise support staff required for events
- Ensure compliance with required by-laws
- Negotiate contracts for services, approve suppliers' invoices, maintain financial records, review final billing submitted to clients for events and prepare reports.
This trade is in highest demand in these regions: