Financial and investment analysts
Evaluate financial risk, analyze investment projects and provide investment advice and recommendations to clients.
Your ability to zero in on key information and foresee the consequences in order to provide sound advice, coupled with your relentless expertise in portfolio management, will make you a trusted advisor.
Financial and investment analysts collect and analyze financial information such as economic forecasts, trading volumes and the movement of capital, financial backgrounds of companies, historical performances and future trends of stocks, bonds and other investment instruments to provide financial and investment or financing advice for their company or their company's clients. Their studies and evaluations cover areas such as takeover bids, private placements, mergers or acquisitions. Financial analysts are employed by a wide range of establishments throughout the private and public sector, such as banks, brokerage houses, insurance companies, investment companies, manufacturing firms, trust companies, utility companies and underwriting firms. Investment analysts are employed primarily by brokerage houses and fund management companies.
- Evaluate financial risk, prepare financial forecasts, financing scenarios and other documents concerning capital management, and write reports and recommendations
- Plan short- and long-term cash flows and assess financial performance
- Analyze investment projects
- Advise on and participate in the financial aspects of contracts and calls for tender
- Follow up on financing projects with financial backers
- Develop, implement and use tools for managing and analyzing financial portfolio
- Prepare a regular risk profile for debt portfolios
- Assist in preparing operating and investment budgets.
- Collect financial and investment information about companies, stocks, bonds and other investments using daily stock and bond reports, economic forecasts, trading volumes, financial periodicals, securities manuals, company financial statements and other financial reports and publications
- Examine and analyze financial and investment information collected, including profiles of companies, stock and bond prices, yields and future trends and other investment information
- Provide investment advice and recommendations to clients, senior company officials, pension fund managers, securities agents and associates
- Prepare company, industry and economic outlooks, analytical reports, briefing notes and correspondence.
Banking and financial transactions
More informationMore information on this job on IMT online
economic analyst, financial services, finance and commercial affairs analyst, financial analysis consultant, financial analyst, financial management advisor (health and social services network), fiscal projections consultant, investment adviser, corporate, investment analyst, investment consultant, junior financial analyst, money market analyst, portfolio manager, regional financial analyst, research associate, financial services, securities analyst, securities research analyst, senior financial analyst, senior investment officer, senior planning and yield analyst.
This trade is in highest demand in these regions:
- Grande région de Québec
- Grande région de Montréal