Financial auditors and accountants
Love numbers? As an accountant, develop and administer accounting systems that help businesses and individuals manage their finances. As an auditor, ensure that accounting records are accurate and compliant with established accounting standards.
Financial auditors examine and analyze the accounting and financial records of individuals and establishments to ensure accuracy and compliance with established accounting standards and procedures. Accountants plan, organize and administer accounting systems for individuals and establishments. Articling students in accounting firms are included in this unit group. Financial auditors and accountants are employed by auditing and accounting firms throughout the private and public sectors, or they may be self-employed.
- Examine and analyze journal and ledger entries, bank statements, inventories, expenditures, tax returns and other accounting and financial records, documents and systems of individuals, departments within organizations, businesses or other establishments to ensure financial recording accuracy and compliance with established accounting standards, procedures and internal controls
- Prepare detailed reports on audit findings and make recommendations to improve individual or establishment's accounting and management practices
- Conduct field audits of businesses to ensure compliance with provisions of the Income Tax Act, Canadian Business Corporations Act or other statutory requirements
- May supervise other auditors or professionals in charge of accounting within client's establishment.
- Plan, set up and administer accounting systems and prepare financial information for individuals, departments within organizations, businesses and other establishments
- Examine accounting records and prepare financial statements and reports
- Develop and maintain cost finding, reporting and internal control procedures
- Examine financial accounts and records and prepare income tax returns from accounting records
- Analyze financial statements and reports and provide financial, business and tax advice
- May act as a trustee in bankruptcy proceedings
- May supervise and train articling students, other accountants or administrative technicians.
Accounting or accounting science
More informationMore information on this job on IMT online
This trade is in highest demand in these regions:
- Grande région de Montréal