Financial sales representatives sell basic deposit, investment and loan products and services to individuals and businesses. They work in banks, credit unions, trust companies and similar financial institutions.
- Open new personal and non-personal accounts, and provide access to automated banking machine, telephone banking and online banking services
- Interview applicants for personal, mortgage, student and business loans
- Promote the sale of deposit, investment, credit and loan products and services
- Assist clients by proposing solutions to address financial objectives such as business expansion, debt management, investment and other financial goals
- Research and evaluate loan applicant's financial status, references, credit and ability to repay the loan
- Complete credit and loan documentation
- Submit credit and loan applications to branch or credit manager with recommendations for approval or rejection; or approve or reject applications within authorized limits ensuring that credit standards of the institution are respected
- Prepare statements on delinquent accounts and forward irreconcilable accounts for collector action
- Review and update credit and loan files
- Act as joint custodian for cash and securities.
Banking and financial transactions
More informationMore information on this job on IMT online
This trade is in highest demand in these regions:
- Grande région de Québec
- Grande région de Montréal