Floor covering installers
Install carpet, wood, linoleum or vinyl floor coverings in residential, commercial, industrial and institutional buildings.
You’ll use a seaming iron, power stretch, staple gun, bonding tape or glue. And you’ll do a perfect job, because you’re a rigorous person who never gives up.
Floor covering installers install carpet, wood, linoleum, vinyl and other resilient floor coverings in residential, commercial, industrial and institutional buildings. They are employed by construction companies, floor-covering contractors and carpet outlets, or they may be self-employed.
Each profession is associated with a combination of three initial letters corresponding to one of the six RIASEC profiles. Profile combinations are determined based on skills, fields of interest and certain personality traits.
- Inspect, measure and mark surfaces to be covered
- Measure, cut and fasten underlay and underpadding
- Measure, cut and install carpeting using hand or machine stitcher, seaming iron, bonding tape or other bonding materials
- Stretch carpeting using knee-kicker or power stretcher and secure carpeting to floor or other surfaces using staple gun or other devices
- Measure, cut and install resilient floor covering using adhesive, rollers and other hand tools
- Install hardwood floors, such as strip floors, block floors or plank floors, using glue, staples, nails or other means
- Inspect and repair damaged floor coverings
- May estimate material and labour costs.
DIPLOMA OF VOCATIONAL STUDIES (DVS)
Installation de revêtements souples
More informationMore information on this job on IMT online
This trade is in highest demand in these regions:
- Grande région de Montréal