General office support workers
Perform various office tasks: prepare reports, statements and other documents or answer the phone.
If you are as methodical as you are independent and like to write, organize and communicate, this office work is for you.
General office support workers prepare correspondence, reports, statements and other material, operate office equipment, answer telephones, verify, record and process forms and documents such as contracts and requisitions and perform general clerical duties according to established procedures. They are employed in offices throughout the public and private sectors.
- Prepare correspondence, reports, statements, forms, presentations, applications and other documents from notes or dictaphone
- Respond to telephone, in person or electronic enquiries or forward to appropriate person
- Provide general information to staff, clients and the public regarding company or program rules, regulations and procedures
- Photocopy and collate documents for distribution, mailing and filing
- Sort and file documents according to established filing systems, locate and retrieve documents from files as requested and maintain records of filed and removed materials
- Maintain and prepare reports from manual or electronic files, inventories, mailing lists and databases
- Process incoming and outgoing mail, manually or electronically
- Send and receive messages and documents using fax machine or electronic mail
- Assist with administrative procedures such as budget submissions, contracts administration and work schedules
- Maintain inventory of office supplies, order supplies as required and arrange for servicing of office equipment
- May perform basic bookkeeping tasks such as preparing invoices and bank deposits
- May sort, process and verify receipts, expenditures, forms and other documents
- May organize the flow of work for other office support workers.
SKILLS TRAINING CERTIFICATE (STC)
More informationMore information on this job on IMT online
This trade is in highest demand in these regions: