Graphic arts technicians
Pair your artistic talents with your passion for computers by collaborating with graphic designers. Whether you work for an advertising agency, publishing house or production company, you’ll be at the heart of the graphic art projects you help design, format and produce.
Graphic arts technicians assist in conceptualizing a project, interpreting design specifications or sketches, preparing the page make-up, lay-out and lettering, and preparing production materials for press, electronic or multimedia publishing. They are employed by publishing, communications, advertising, marketing, printing and multimedia establishments, and by television and film production companies. They may also be self-employed.
- Review the graphic designer's instructions
- Produce or assist in developing and producing design concepts
- Capture elements such as titles, text, drawings, illustrations, graphics, lettering and colour harmonization, using a computer
- Produce computerized images and drawings
- Digitize images using peripherals and transform them using retouching systems, graphic palettes or specialized software
- Perform the layout, page make-up and placement using the conceptual mock-ups provided
- Produce proofs and camera-ready materials and prepare film and any other prepress materials
- Paint or ink individual cells of 2-D or 3-D animated drawings according to animator's specifications using an electronic palette
- Lay out, draw or paint letters, figures, logos and designs for windows, advertisements, billboards, vehicles, books and publications using specialized software or painting equipment
- Work in an interdisciplinary environment.
DIPLOMA OF COLLEGE STUDIES (DCS)
More informationMore information on this job on IMT online
This trade is in highest demand in these regions: