Health and social services assistants
Ensure the well-being and the monitoring of individuals and meet their general needs by providing home support.
You must be friendly and empathetic because the well being of individuals and their families will be central to your work.
Health and social services assistants go to the homes of people experiencing a loss of autonomy to help them or their families accomplish daily activities and domestic tasks. They help facilitate such people’s integration into individual and community activities.
Each profession is associated with a combination of three initial letters corresponding to one of the six RIASEC profiles. Profile combinations are determined based on skills, fields of interest and certain personality traits.
- take care of people’s hygiene, well-being and comfort, watching over them and assisting with their general needs;
- install prescribed devices and offer the specific care for which they have been trained;
- cook meals and carry out domestic tasks;
- provide information about the needs of the patient and their family to managers and team members;
- help identify the patient’s needs as well as develop a service or intervention plan and bring it to fruition.
DIPLOMA OF VOCATIONAL STUDIES (DVS)
Institutional and home care assistanceDescription of the Institutional and home care assistance program
More informationMore information on this job on IMT online
This trade is in highest demand in these regions:
- Côte-Nord et Nord-du-Québec