Hotel front desk clerks
Reserve rooms, provide information and services to guests, and collect payment for services on behalf of hotels or resorts.
Sociable and smiling, you can communicate with tact and politeness. You are fluent in foreign languages. Methodical, you have a sense of responsibility and you know how to respond to requests effectively.
Hotel front desk clerks make room reservations, provide information and services to guests and receive payment for services. They are employed by hotels, motels and resorts.
- Maintain an inventory of vacancies, reservations and room assignments
- Register arriving guests and assign rooms
- Answer enquiries regarding hotel services and registration by letter, by telephone and in person, provide information about services available in the community and respond to guests' complaints
- Compile and check daily record sheets, guest accounts, receipts and vouchers using computerized or manual systems
- Present statements of charges to departing guests and receive payment.
DIPLOMA OF VOCATIONAL STUDIES (DVS)
More informationMore information on this job on IMT online
This trade is in highest demand in these regions: