Human resources and recruitment officers
Are you driven by a passion for putting together the best teams for any project? Apply your talents to recruit top-quality candidates for businesses. Identify and advertise job openings, help recruit, select and place personnel and advise management on staffing procedures and practices.
Human resources and recruitment officers identify and advertise job vacancies, recruit candidates, and assist in the selection and reassignment of employees. They are employed throughout the private and public sectors.
- Identify current and prospective staffing requirements, prepare and post notices and advertisements, and collect and screen applications
- Advise job applicants on employment requirements and on terms and conditions of employment
- Review candidate inventories and contact potential applicants to arrange interviews and arrange transfers, redeployment and placement of personnel
- Recruit graduates of colleges, universities and other educational institutions
- Co-ordinate and participate in selection and examination boards to evaluate candidates
- Notify applicants of results of selection process and prepare job offers
- Advise managers and employees on staffing policies and procedures
- Organize and administer staff consultation and grievance procedures
- Negotiate settlements of appeals and disputes and co-ordinate termination of employment process
- Determine eligibility to entitlements, arrange staff training and provide information or services such as employee assistance, counselling and recognition programs
- May supervise personnel clerks performing filing and record-keeping duties.
- Industrial relations
- Personnel management
More informationMore information on this job on IMT online
assistant personnel officer; employment interviewer; employment supervisor; executive recruiter; human resources officer; interviewer - human resources; labour force consultant; personnel administrator; personnel adviser; personnel interviewer; personnel management adviser; personnel officer; personnel recruitment officer; personnel selection officer; personnel supervisor; placement officer - human resources; recruiter - employment; recruiting officer; recruitment assistant; recruitment consultant; recruitment officer; recruitment specialist; senior staffing officer; staffing adviser; staffing analyst; staffing co-ordinator; staffing officer; student placement officer.
This trade is in highest demand in these regions: