Human resources professionals develop, implement and evaluate human resources and labour relations policies, programs and procedures and advise managers and employers on human resources matters. Human resources professionals are employed throughout the private and public sectors, or they may be self-employed.
- Plan, develop, implement and evaluate human resources and labour relations strategies including policies, programs and procedures to address an organization's human resource requirements
- Advise managers and employees on the interpretation of human resources policies, compensation and benefit programs and collective agreements
- Negotiate collective agreements on behalf of employers or workers, mediate labour disputes and grievances and provide advice on employee and labour relations
- Research and prepare occupational classifications, job descriptions, salary scales and competency appraisal measures and systems
- Plan and administer staffing, total compensation, training and career development, employee assistance, employment equity and affirmative action programs
- Manage programs and maintain human resources information and related records systems
- Hire and oversee training of staff
- Co-ordinate employee performance appraisal programs
- Research employee benefit and health and safety practices and recommend changes or modifications to existing policies.
- Industrial relations
- Personnel management
More informationMore information on this job on IMT online
adjudicator, labour; analyst, job evaluation; arbitrator, human resources; bargaining agent; benefits consultant; business agent, labour organization; business agent, labour union; business representative, labour organization; certified disability management professional; chief of compensation and human resources information systems; claims manager - compensation and benefits; classification officer - human resources; classification policy adviser; classification specialist; collective agreement negotiator; compensation and benefits co-ordinator; compensation and classification analyst; compensation consultant; compensation officer; compensation research analyst; compensation researcher-analyst; conciliation officer - employee relations; conciliator; conciliator - labour; consultant, human resources; consultant, labour relations; co-ordinator, compensation and benefits; co-ordinator, employer-employee relations; co-ordinator, employment equity; co-ordinator, human resources; co-ordinator, labour relations; disability case manager - human resources; disability management coordinator; disability management practitioner; disability management professional; disability management specialist; employee relations officer; employee services officer; employer-employee relations co-ordinator; employment adviser - human resources; employment equity adviser - human resources; employment equity co-ordinator; employment equity officer; employment practices officer; human resources adviser; human resources classification officer; human resources consultant; human resources co-ordinator; human resources generalist; human resources management consultant; human resources planning consultant; human resources policy analyst; human resources policy officer; human resources program supervisor; human resources research officer; human resources specialist; human resources supervisor; industrial relations consultant; industrial relations officer; in-house training manager; job analyst; job and wage analyst; job classification system analyst; job evaluation analyst; job evaluation supervisor; job evaluator; labour adjudicator; labour organization agent; labour organization business agent; labour organization business representative; labour organization liaison officer; labour organization negotiator; labour organizer; labour relations board officer; labour relations consultant; labour relations co-ordinator; labour relations officer; labour relations returning officer; labour relations specialist; labour union business agent; labour union liaison officer; liaison officer, labour organization; liaison officer, labour union; mediator; mediator - labour relations; negotiator, collective agreements; negotiator, labour organization; occupational analyst - human resources; personnel research officer; personnel standards officer; position classifier; salary analyst; senior industrial relations officer; senior negotiating officer - labour dispute resolution; staff relations administrator; staff relations officer; staff training and development officer; staff training and development supervisor; staff training officer - human resources; supervisor, human resources; supervisor, staff training and development; supervisor, training programs; training adviser; training and development consultant; training programs supervisor; union adviser; union organizer; union representative; wage analyst.