Industrial designers conceptualize and produce designs for manufactured products. They are employed by manufacturing industries and private design firms or they may be self-employed.
- Consult with client, engineers or production specialists to establish product requirements
- Analyze the intended use of product and user preferences
- Conduct research into cost, properties of production materials and methods of production
- Prepare design concepts, sketches or models for approval
- Prepare manufacturing drawings, specifications and guidelines for production and construct prototype of design
- Consult with engineers and production staff during manufacturing stage.
This trade is in highest demand in these regions:
- Grande région de Québec