Industrial designers conceptualize and produce designs for manufactured products. They are employed by manufacturing industries and private design firms or they may be self-employed.
- Consult with client, engineers or production specialists to establish product requirements
- Analyze the intended use of product and user preferences
- Conduct research into cost, properties of production materials and methods of production
- Prepare design concepts, sketches or models for approval
- Prepare manufacturing drawings, specifications and guidelines for production and construct prototype of design
- Consult with engineers and production staff during manufacturing stage.
DIPLOMA OF COLLEGE STUDIES (DCS)
More informationMore information on this job on IMT online
This trade is in highest demand in these regions:
- Grande région de Québec