Inspectors and testers, mineral and metal processing
Control, sort, sample and test the raw materials and products obtained from the processing of metals and ores in different metal and ore processing plants.
You are passionate about matter and its properties. Your sense of observation, your thoroughness and your ingenuity will be put to use, as will your sense of logical and your methodical spirit.
Inspectors and testers in this unit group inspect, grade, sample or test raw materials and products from mineral ore and metal processing operations. They are employed in mineral ore and metal processing plants such as copper, lead and zinc refineries, uranium processing plants, steel mills, aluminum plants, precious metal refineries, cement processing plants, clay, glass and stone processing plants and foundries.
- Inspect mineral ore, metal, cement, glass, clay or concrete products at various stages of processing to ensure adherence to specifications
- Grade and label raw materials or finished products according to size, thickness, composition or other classification standards
- Take samples of products during or after processing operation for routine analysis or for subsequent laboratory analysis
- Test product for strength, density, durability and conformance to specifications
- Advise supervisor or central control operator and process machine operators of problems and product deficiencies
- Complete inspection and test reports.
DIPLOMA OF COLLEGE STUDIES (DCS)
More informationMore information on this job on IMT online
This trade is in highest demand in these regions: