Insurance Adjusters and Claims Examiners
When an accident happens, it’s critical to assess the damage and determine the value of losses covered by the insurance policy. Help investigate damages and assess insurance claims to allow those affected by the event to move on with their lives.
Insurance adjusters investigate insurance claims and determine the amount of loss or damages covered by insurance policies. They are employed in claims departments of insurance companies or as independent adjusters. Insurance claims examiners examine claims investigated by insurance adjusters and authorize payments. They are employed at head offices or branches of insurance companies.
- Investigate circumstances surrounding insurance claims to determine validity of claim
- Inspect automobile, home or other property damage
- Take statements and consult with claimants, accident witnesses, doctors and other relevant individuals and examine records or reports
- Determine amount of loss or damages covered by insurance policies
- Negotiate settlement of claims
- Prepare adjustment reports.
insurance claims examiners
- Review, examine, calculate and authorize insurance claims investigated by insurance adjusters
- Examine adjusters' reports and similar insurance claims or precedents to determine extent of insurance coverage
- Ensure claims are valid and settlements are made according to company practices and procedures
- Consult lawyers, doctors or other relevant individuals to discuss insurance claims
- Approve automobile, fire, life, disability, dental or other insurance claims.
DIPLOMA OF COLLEGE STUDIES (DCS)
More informationMore information on this job on IMT online
This trade is in highest demand in these regions:
- Grande région de Québec
- Grande région de Montréal