Insurance underwriters review and evaluate insurance applications to determine insurance risks, insurance premiums and extent of insurance coverage according to company policies. Insurance underwriters are employed at head and branch offices of insurance companies.
- Review individual and group applications for automobile, fire, health, liability, life, property, marine, aircraft and other insurance
- Evaluate new and renewal applications to determine insurance risks, insurance premiums, extent of insurance coverage and other conditions of the insurance contract using medical reports, rate tables and other documents and reference materials; adjust premiums, coverage or risk itself to make acceptance of new and renewal applications possible
- Approve sale of insurance policies and ensure compliance with government regulations
- Provide recommendations on individual or group insurance plan designs
- Provide underwriting advice and answer inquiries from clients and from insurance agents, consultants and other company personnel
- Prepare underwriting reports and update insurance forms when necessary.
This trade is in highest demand in these regions:
- Grande région de Québec