Janitors, caretakers and building superintendents
Clean and maintain the interior and exterior of commercial buildings, establishments and apartment buildings, as well as surrounding land.
Your autonomy allows you to share your time between different tasks efficiently. You are not afraid of getting your hands dirty and you like a job well done. Organized and resourceful, you are proactive and in solution mode.
Janitors, caretakers and building superintendents clean and maintain the interior and exterior of commercial, institutional and residential buildings and their surrounding grounds. Building superintendents employed in large establishments are responsible for the operation of the establishment and may also supervise other workers. They are employed by office and apartment building management companies, condominium corporations, educational institutions, health care facilities, recreational and shopping facilities, religious establishments, and industrial and other establishments.
- Operate industrial vacuum cleaners to remove scraps, dirt, heavy debris and other refuse
- Wash windows, interior walls and ceilings
- Empty trash cans and other waste containers
- Sweep, mop, scrub and wax hallways, floors and stairs
- Clean snow and ice from walkways and parking areas
- Cut grass and tend grounds
- Clean and disinfect washrooms and fixtures
- Make adjustments and minor repairs to heating, cooling, ventilating, plumbing and electrical systems, and contact tradespersons for major repairs
- Perform other routine maintenance jobs such as painting and drywall repair
- May water and tend to plants
- May move heavy furniture, equipment and supplies
- Ensure that security and safety measures are in place in the establishment
- May advertise vacancies, show apartments and offices to prospective tenants and collect rent
- May supervise other workers.
DIPLOMA OF VOCATIONAL STUDIES (DVS)
More informationMore information on this job on IMT online
This trade is in highest demand in these regions: