Labourers in this unit group perform material handling, clean-up, packaging and other elemental activities related to food, beverage and associated products processing. They are employed in fruit and vegetable processing plants, dairies, flour mills, bakeries, sugar refineries, meat plants, breweries and other food, beverage and associated products processing and packaging plants.
- Transport raw materials, finished products and packaging materials throughout plant and warehouse manually, or with powered equipment
- Measure and dump ingredients into hoppers of mixing and grinding machines or mobile tank trucks
- Feed and unload food, beverage and associated products processing machines
- Feed flattened boxes into forming machines to construct containers
- Remove filled containers from conveyors and manually pack goods into bags, boxes or other containers
- Clean work areas and equipment
- Check products and packaging for basic quality defects
- Assist process control and machine operators in performing their duties.
This trade is in highest demand in these regions:
- Grande région de Québec