Library assistants and clerks
Put books in circulation, sort them and put them on the shelves, in addition to performing office tasks and providing information to users.
If you like working in a peaceful and quiet environment, this is the ideal job. Of course, you like books and you are particularly methodical and organized. Shh, say no more, you’ve found your place!
Library assistants and clerks issue and receive library materials, sort and shelve books and provide general library information to users. They also perform clerical functions. Library clerks are employed by libraries or other establishments with library services.
- Issue and receive library books and other materials
- Sort and reshelve books and other library materials
- Perform clerical activities such as manual and electronic filing and record payments received
- Maintain journal subscriptions
- Assist library users in accessing library materials and online resources, and in making interlibrary loans.
No secondary, college or university-level programs of study are indexed for this trade or occupation.
More informationMore information on this job on IMT online
This trade is in highest demand in these regions:
- Grande région de Montréal