Logging and forestry labourers
Perform various manual tasks: attaching slings to logs, planting trees, clearing brush, spraying chemicals, cleaning up cargo areas, and assisting other workers in logging operations.
You are in your element in the forest and outdoors. Your good physical condition and your dexterity are among the qualities sought. Mechanical notions will always be useful to you.
Logging and forestry labourers perform a variety of manual tasks such as attaching choker cables to logs, planting trees, clearing brush, spraying chemicals, cleaning up landing areas and assisting other workers in woodlands operations. They are employed by logging companies and contractors.
- Assist other workers at logging sites
- Attach chokers or cables to felled trees for yarding
- Plant trees using manual tools
- Spray herbicides from the ground using manual spraying equipment
- Clear trails through woodlands using chain saws
- Clean up landing areas at logging sites.
DIPLOMA OF VOCATIONAL STUDIES (DVS)
More informationMore information on this job on IMT online
This trade is in highest demand in these regions: