Managers in agriculture
Run the operations of an agricultural establishment like a farm, ranch or orchard. Oversee cultivating and crop harvesting activities, the raising and breeding of livestock, poultry and other animals, the marketing of farm products and much more.
Managers in agriculture plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations and functions of farms. They are responsible for growing crops, raising and breeding livestock, poultry and other animals and marketing farm products. Managers in this unit group usually own and operate their own establishment.
- Manage the overall operations of a farm, ranch or orchard
- Determine the amount and kinds of crops to be grown and livestock to be raised
- Organize and co-ordinate planting, cultivating and crop harvesting activities; raising and breeding of livestock and poultry
- Hire and manage farm personnel
- Establish a marketing program
- Develop and keep financial and production records
- Purchase farm machinery, livestock, seed, feed and other supplies
- Maintain farm machinery, equipment and buildings
- Perform farming duties.
This trade is in highest demand in these regions:
- Grande région de Québec