Assemblers in this unit group assemble a wide variety of mechanical products such as trucks, buses, snowmobiles, garden tractors, automotive engines, transmissions, outboard motors, gearboxes, hydraulic pumps and sewing machines. Inspectors in this unit group check and inspect subassemblies and finished products to ensure proper quality and product specifications. They are employed by machinery and transportation equipment manufacturers and by other manufacturing companies.
- Assemble, fit and install prefabricated parts to form subassemblies or finish products using hand and power tools
- Position, align and adjust parts for proper fit and assembly and connect cables, tubes and wires
- Fasten parts together using bolting and riveting equipment or other fastening and joining techniques
- Operate or tend automated assembling equipment, such as robotics and fixed automation equipment
- Operate small cranes to transport or position larger parts as required.
- Check subassemblies and inspect finished products for proper quality
- Check mechanical assemblies and subassemblies for alignment and proper functioning
- Test and check electrical assemblies and wiring for proper connections
- Perform minor adjustments and repairs.
This trade is in highest demand in these regions: