Nursery and greenhouse workers
Prepare the soil, plant bulbs, seeds and cuttings and transplant seedlings. Nursery and greenhouse workers also serve nursery and greenhouse customers.
Your green thumb, soft touch and patience will serve you well in tending to trees, shrubs, flowers and plants.
Nursery and greenhouse workers plant, cultivate and harvest trees, shrubs, flowers and plants, and serve nursery and greenhouse customers. They are employed in indoor and outdoor nurseries and greenhouses.
- Prepare soil, plant bulbs, seeds and cuttings, graft and bud plants, and transplant seedlings and rooted cuttings
- Spray trees, shrubs, flowers and plants to prevent disease and pests
- Position and regulate greenhouse and outdoor irrigation systems to water plants and fields
- Dig, cut and transplant trees, shrubs, flowers and plants and prepare them for sale
- Provide information to customers on gardening and the care of trees, shrubs, flowers, plants and lawns
- May operate tractors and other machinery and equipment to fertilize, cultivate, harvest and spray fields and plants
- Maintain inventory and order materials as required
- Clean working areas.
DIPLOMA OF VOCATIONAL STUDIES (DVS)
More informationMore information on this job on IMT online
This trade is in highest demand in these regions:
- Grande région de Québec
- Grande région de Montréal