Assess the patients’ health status, determine care and treatment plans and ensure their implementation.
You must be able to communicate with ease, be a good listener and have good organizational skills. You must also be able to cope with stressful situations.
Nurses are responsible for a range of nursing care services given according to the biopsychosocial needs of patients or groups of people entrusted to them.
Each profession is associated with a combination of three initial letters corresponding to one of the six RIASEC profiles. Profile combinations are determined based on skills, fields of interest and certain personality traits.
- evaluate patients’ health, determine and administer a care plan and nursing treatments;
- provide nursing and medical care and treatment to maintain or restore health and prevent diseases.
- plan, provide and evaluate educational programs for patients, their loved ones, as well as for groups of people;
- participate in research for promoting health and preventing disease.
DIPLOMA OF COLLEGE STUDIES (DCS)
To register for Soins infirmiers:
- Cégep André-Laurendeau
- Cégep de Baie-Comeau
- Cégep de Bois-de-Boulogne
- Cégep de Chicoutimi
- Cégep de la Gaspésie et des Îles
- Cégep de La Pocatière
- Cégep de La Pocatière - Centre d'études collégiales de Montmagny
- Cégep de Matane
- Cégep de Rimouski
- Cégep de Saint-Jérôme
- Cégep de Sept-Îles
- Cégep de Valleyfield
- Cégep Limoilou
- Cégep Montmorency
- Cégep Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu
- Collège Ellis, campus de Longueuil
More informationMore information on this job on IMT online
This trade is in highest demand in these regions:
- Côte-Nord et Nord-du-Québec
- Grande région de Montréal