Nursing co-ordinators and supervisors
Coordinate and supervise the work of nursing staff in the provision of patient care.
Beyond your empathy and your desire to help others, your communication skills and your leadership allow you to lead a team. Your critical thinking skills help you make informed decisions, especially when it comes to evaluating employee performance and care.
Nursing co-ordinators and supervisors co-ordinate and supervise the activities of registered nurses, registered psychiatric nurses, licensed practical nurses and other nursing personnel in the provision of patient care. They are employed in health care institutions such as hospitals, clinics and nursing homes, and in nursing agencies.
Each profession is associated with a combination of three initial letters corresponding to one of the six RIASEC profiles. Profile combinations are determined based on skills, fields of interest and certain personality traits.
- Supervise registered nurses, licensed practical nurses and other nursing personnel
- Evaluate patients' needs and ensure that required nursing care is delivered
- Set up and co-ordinate nursing services in conjunction with other health services
- Ensure quality nursing care is provided and appropriate administrative procedures are followed
- Assist in the establishment of unit policies and procedures
- Administer nursing unit budget and ensure that supplies and equipment are available
- Assist in the selection, evaluation and professional development of nursing personnel
- Collaborate on research projects related to nursing and medical care and multidisciplinary services
- May provide direct patient care.
Sciences infirmières et nursing
To register for Sciences infirmières et nursing:
- Université de Montréal
- Université de Sherbrooke
- Université du Québec à Chicoutimi
- Université du Québec à Rimouski
- Université du Québec à Trois-Rivières
- Université du Québec en Abitibi-Témiscamingue
- Université du Québec en Outaouais
- Université Laval
- Université McGill
More informationMore information on this job on IMT online
This trade is in highest demand in these regions:
- Côte-Nord et Nord-du-Québec
- Grande région de Montréal