Oil and solid fuel heating mechanics
Install and maintain oil, charcoal and wood heaters in commercial and residential buildings.
You have an ability to decipher technical drawings and specifications as well as to understand the operation of complex devices or systems. Your dexterity as well as your capacity for analysis and deduction allow you to efficiently and skillfully resolve any problems that arise.
Oil and solid fuel heating mechanics install and maintain oil, coal and wood heating systems in residential and commercial buildings. They are employed by heating systems installation and service companies.
- Read and interpret drawings or specifications to determine work to be performed
- Lay out oil burner heating system components and assemble components using hand and power tools
- Install oil burner components such as thermostats, motors, piping and safety devices, and connect to fuel supply, ventilation and electrical system
- Test installed unit and adjust controls for proper functioning
- Troubleshoot and repair malfunctioning oil burners, and their components and controls
- Install, maintain and repair coal and wood heating systems
- Perform scheduled maintenance service on oil and solid fuel heating systems.
DIPLOMA OF VOCATIONAL STUDIES (DVS)
More informationMore information on this job on IMT online
This trade is in highest demand in these regions: