Other metal products machine operators
Operate one or more automatic or multi-function machines to make a variety of metal parts and products such as wire mesh, nails, bolts and chains.
Tolerant of noise, heat or even dust, you have good physical endurance. Your dexterity and attention to detail will allow you to excel in the field, as will your ease of adaptation to technological changes.
This unit group includes metal products machine operators, not elsewhere classified, who operate one or more automatic or multi-purpose machines to produce a variety of metal parts and products, such as wire mesh, nails, bolts and chains. They are employed by a wide variety of metal products manufacturing companies.
- Operate or tend automatic or multi-purpose machines including wire looms to produce metal parts and metal products such as wire screening, fencing, tinware, metal baskets, racks, hooks, metal tubing and similar articles
- Fit and assemble components using hand and power tools
- Clean, polish, file or otherwise finish products
- Check products for quality and other specifications
- May clean and lubricate machinery.
DIPLOMA OF VOCATIONAL STUDIES (DVS)
More informationMore information on this job on IMT online
This trade is in highest demand in these regions: