Papermaking and finishing machine operators
Operate equipment and machinery in pulp and paper mills; assist operators in controlling the production and finish of the paper to be produced.
Your physical endurance and your manual skills will be called upon in this profession. Your notions of mechanics, your sense of responsibility and your attention to detail will allow you to operate various machines with precision and in complete safety.
Papermaking and finishing machine operators operate process machinery and equipment and assist papermaking and coating control operators to produce, coat and finish paper. They are employed by pulp and paper companies.
- Operate and monitor various papermaking and finishing process machinery and equipment to dry, calender, laminate, coat, slit, trim, wind or carry out other papermaking and finishing process steps
- Mount, position and thread paper rolls using a hoist
- Control process machinery using a distributed control system and process computers
- Observe equipment and machinery, panel indicators, gauges, level indicators and other equipment instruments to detect machinery and equipment malfunctions and ensure process steps are carried out according to specifications
- Communicate with and assist papermaking and coating control operators to make process adjustments and to start up or shut down process machines as required
- Inspect paper visually for wrinkles, holes, discolouration, streaks or other defects and take corrective action
- Complete and maintain production reports.
DIPLOMA OF VOCATIONAL STUDIES (DVS)
More informationMore information on this job on IMT online
This trade is in highest demand in these regions: