Pet groomers and animal care workers
Feed, handle, train and groom animals; assist veterinarians, breeders and animal health technologists and technicians.
Animal lover, you like being with them and taking care of them on a daily basis. Your gentleness and your authority are in demand, as well as your autonomy and your sense of responsibility.
Animal care workers feed, handle, train and groom animals and assist veterinarians, animal health technologists and technicians and animal breeders. Pet groomers clip coats, bathe and otherwise groom pets. Workers in this group are employed by animal hospitals and clinics, animal shelters, breeding and boarding kennels, zoos, laboratories, retail pet shops, dog training schools, pet grooming establishments, or may be self-employed.
- Prepare food and feed animals, fish or birds at scheduled intervals
- Clean and disinfect cages, pens and surrounding areas
- Shampoo, clip and groom animals
- Assist veterinarians and animal health technologists and technicians to inoculate and treat animals
- Assist animal breeders to handle and nurture animals
- Assist scientists and researchers in conducting laboratory tests with animals
- Monitor and document animal behaviour
- Train dogs to obey commands and perform specific duties in response to signals.
SKILLS TRAINING CERTIFICATE (STC)
More informationMore information on this job on IMT online
This trade is in highest demand in these regions: