Plastic products assemblers, finishers and inspectors
Plastic products are everywhere in our lives. Work for the manufacturing companies that create them, from assembly to finishing to inspection, ensuring products conform to established quality standards.
This unit group includes workers who assemble, finish and inspect plastic parts and finished products. They are employed by plastic products manufacturing companies and plastic parts divisions of aircraft or other manufacturing companies.
Plastic products assemblers and finishers
- Operate machines or equipment, or use hand tools to cut, shape, splice and fit plastic materials to form parts and assemblies
- Assemble composite materials on patterns to form parts and assemblies using bonding agents
- Operate spray-gun unit to apply resin mixtures to metal or wooden mould to form plastic products
- Load and operate autoclave oven to cure and bond plastic and composite parts and subassemblies
- Operate finishing equipment to trim, grind or buff plastic products into final form.
Plastic products inspectors
- Inspect manufactured plastic products for defects and conformance to specifications and quality standards, visually or using instruments
- Affix seals or tags to approved plastic products and mark and reroute defective products for repair or recycle
- Prepare reports on products inspected
- Make minor adjustments and repairs to products
- May train or assist in training new workers.
This trade is in highest demand in these regions: